We are incredibly excited to announce our $14m Series A led by Craft Ventures today. Since 2018, we have been working to build our vision for a more flexible and connected manufacturing platform – a platform that we would have wanted ourselves during our time as manufacturing engineers building complex hardware to change the world.
Just like in 2018, we continue to hear about how constraining existing systems that support the manufacturing industry can be. With over 30 customers now using ION to power a more flexible, connected, and data-driven manufacturing operation, we are more inspired and motivated than ever to tackle these challenges with you. This funding recognizes our shared accomplishments and just how important the problems we are solving together are.
This funding will allow us to significantly grow our team and accelerate the development of the ION platform.
1. More workflows to support complex manufacturing and assembly coordination. This includes managing and understanding equipment and tools used in operation as well as connecting parts with barcode scanning.
2. Connect the supply chain – from parts planning, purchasing, inventory management, and traceability into operations. We will continue rolling out ION Autoplan to more manufacturers as a data-driven solution for supply chain planning.
3. Empower engineers with APIs and SDKs. We believe that the future of the factory will be connected with automation and code, and we are going to empower developers to extend the factory to be more connected, automated, and data-powered.
4. Team features to help you manage your teams, permissions, and a low-code rules engine to allow you define your business conditions and verifications
5. Make ION blazing fast and highly reliable for critical manufacturing operations
This is just scratching the surface of what is coming up. Keep an eye out for more information as we enter 2022.
Thank you again for being on the journey with us. Today's announcement validates what we are doing together, and we are just getting started. We're looking forward to working with you and pushing society forward with products taking on the most important problems in society – built with ION.
First Resonance team
Check out our approach to building a Factory OS to empower 21st century manufacturing here.
Discover Factory OS and how it is disrupting the manufacturing industry in
Find our press kit here.
For press inquiries, contact email@example.com.